pandora/ipod: "bamboleo" by the gipsy kings
I'm absolutely thrilled to announce that my novel BANISH will be published by Balzer + Bray for HarperCollins, edited by Kristin Daly, in Winter 2012!!!!
I KNOW!
Here's the Publisher's Marketplace announcement:
Gretchen McNeil's BANISH, a young adult urban fantasy about a teenage exorcist who realizes that the rash of demonic possessions in her town are not isolated incidents--and that she's the only one who can stop them, to Kristin Daly at Balzer & Bray by Ginger Clark at Curtis Brown (NA).And here's my vlog announcement for the YARebels with some special thanks:
I've got a brand new book trailer, too!
And I've relaunched by website. Busy, busy, busy bee.
I'm still sort of speechless. But thank you all for your support. I can't wait to be able to share BANISH with you!
EDIT: I just had to add the PM screen grab. :D
Yay! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThe HC imprints are going to kick SERIOUS YA Butt in 2011/12.
AWESOMENESS. TOTAL, WELL-DESERVED AWESOMENESS.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Gretchen!! I cannot wait to buy this book. :D
That's amazing! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAAY! I'm so happy for you! I knew this day would come soon.
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI am so incredibly happy for you, and so proud to be your agent.
ReplyDeleteI still hate fedoras.
I'm so happy for you. It must be surreal to see the announcement in Publisher's Marketplace.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I am so excited for you!! This is awesome!! YAY!!!! I can't wait to buy Banish!!
ReplyDeleteYAAAA!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so I'm for you I got up and did a Snoopy dance for you!
*goes back to dancing*
There should have been a "happy" in there somewhere.
ReplyDeleteSee! I'm so happy for you I'm leaving out words in my excitement! You've turned me into even more of a bumbling typing idiot. xD
AHHHHH!!!
ReplyDelete:DDD
Yay!
Sorry for fangirling! I'm so happy for you!
OK, a further note after seeing the trailer--damn, woman, that thing gave me chills! Love especially the baby doll heads to represent the possessed. And of course Mozart's REQUIEM, for which I am always a sucker (though I am slightly partial to Verdi's, because it was the first one I saw live). Rock on, my agent sistah!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Gretchen!!! I'm thrilled for you.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read it.
Yeah Congrats!! How exciting :) I am a new follower. I found your blog through twitter. The book trailer looks wicked. I would love to read and review you book! It sounds good. Come by and visit!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bookswithbite.net
Once again, Congrats!!!
Savy
Wicked Awesome news! Congratulations! (hugs)Indigo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. Demons are where it is right now. Can't wait to read the book! And who did your trailer????
ReplyDeleteWoohoooo!! Awesome! Congratulations, Gretchen. And wow, fantastic trailer! Love it. :D
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations!! I bet your doing the happy dance.
ReplyDeleteWow, congrats! I liked the trailer a LOT! Definitely NOT the typical pseudo-cheezy fair we see a lot of these days. I don't tend to go for the spiritual, but this got my attention, which is saying something.
ReplyDelete:flails:
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!
Ooooh, I can't wait to read this! Congratulations, Gretchen!!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous news! Congratulations, and I love that book trailer, totally drawn in and excited to read the book.
ReplyDeleteI hear Kristin is awesome! Do I really have to wait until Winter 2012?! Shouldn't the movie be out by then? Congrats!!
ReplyDelete*happy dance*
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!
P.S. love love LOVE the Rainbow Brite shirt!!
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Gretchen! :)
ReplyDeleteWHOOHOO!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ReplyDelete2012 can't get here fast enough!
(super scary trailer by the way... i have a feeling when i read Banish i'm going to be sleeping with the lights on for a few weeks!)
Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I met Kristin at ALA and she seems supernice! Also, I love the T-shirt.
ReplyDeleteHOORAH!!! We're so happy for you Gretchen. LOVE the new trailer and website and your hair shakin' vlog. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay, yay, YAY!
ReplyDelete-Cate
i am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete*WAVING MY POM-POMS AND DOING SOME FLIPS*
ReplyDeleteyay!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I think you have to change the "Snarks" label for postings because no snark here, just a hearty CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, awesome news!!!!
Wow. I'm totally overwhelmed by all the love! Thank you SO MUCH. Can't wait to go through the publishing process with all of you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay Gretchen! This was hard won and well deserved.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Gretchen! BANISH is one awesome book. Celebrate and enjoy this moment- your worked hard for it and deserve it :)
ReplyDeleteNot at all surprised! CONGRATS! Can't wait to read it!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! CONGRATS! I saw Kristin's tweet today and I was immediately !!!exorcist????!!!! I MUST READ this! Huge congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Gretchen!!
ReplyDeleteI'm super happy for you. Although you know the wait is gonna kill me :)
ReplyDeletew00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!
ReplyDeleteI think that says it all! CONGRATS, GRETCHEN!!!
xoxo -- Hilary
OMG OMG yay!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you!! Also I am intrigued by Ginger's mention of fedoras :) Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Gretchen!!! That is so cool!!
ReplyDeleteBTW - gave you a blog award today :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Gretchen!! Very, very happy for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletesf
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSoooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look! Look at all those exclamation points! More excited even than 20 exclamation points!
Awesome news! And you totally deserve it!
Also:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I is soooooooooo happy for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Just came over from Lisa and Laura!
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!
ReplyDeleteSo. Much. Love.
ReplyDeleteHead. Esplody.
:D
Congratulations. I can't wait to read it. :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS! Your book sounds great.
ReplyDeleteAnd welcome to the wonder that is the HC.
Congratulations, Gretchen!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the trailer. Absolutely chilling and using "Dies Irae" was pure genius!
Luv the hair shake! You are beautiful! Can't wait until 2012. I will be promoting Banish with my high school classes. The trailer was beautifully done. Watching it, we were were ready for the movie which I hope will happen. In the meantime, Pardy Hardy! Avery and I are so very happy for you. Slante! Patrice
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the great news! We're happy for you!
ReplyDeleteMartina & Marissa
Oh my God. Oh my God!! That trailer is soooo awesome! :) Wonderful job there! Banish seems so fascinating!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS - fantastic news! Wishing you continued success and of course the "luck of the Irish".
ReplyDeleteYour Irish Cousin:)
OMG... OMG... Eddie, we're being published.... Runs to fridge to grab bottle of Bolli.... x Pats
ReplyDeleteAs Bono of U2 once sang....
ReplyDelete"I can't believe the news today...."
Fantastic news Gretchen - I can't wait for the Irish book tour :-)
From Pats long suffering hubby
Ireland reporting in on the blog! Hahahaha.
ReplyDeleteMARGARET AND AL AND PAUL I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!
<3 Eddie
AWESOME!! Sorry I'm so late to the party -- I was camping. Congrats, girl!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Elana! Your support over the last couple of years has been invaluable. :)
ReplyDeleteand.. ur whole family is here to support u!! im so happy for u.. cant wait to get my hands on ur book!
ReplyDeletemegan m