Monday, June 11, 2012

Never Surrender!!!!!

mood: fierce
pandora/ipod: "i will survive" by gloria gaynor


In support of the release of SURRENDER by Elana Johnson, I shot my own "Never Surrender" vlog! It was cathartic, really. Just remember, whenever someone says "You suck" it's really just code for "Prove me wrong."

Or at least that's how I took it when my UCLA choir director told me, essentially, that I had no talent.

Suck it, Don Neuen.


This week, as part of the SURRENDER blog tour, you can win one of three $15 Barnes & Noble gift cards and become a winner winner, chicken dinner! All you have to do is fill out this rafflecopter widget with what you’ve done. NOTE: One of the options is to blog about a time you didn’t surrender. Go here for full details on this, including how to sign up for your free swag package!

a Rafflecopter giveaway



16 comments:

  1. What a big glass of wine you have!!! I need one :) So glad you showed them!! There is so much drama in music lol In the end, we love what you do now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the better to...drink with. BWAHAHAHAHA.

      Delete
  2. Great vlog. Love the glass of wine for courage! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking this may have to be a book i pick up :) and I love the vlog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh...I have a situation like this. My high school dance advisor told me I had no personality (WUT) and pretty much told me I sucked as a dancer. And then I went on to dance professionally in college and I was all SUCK IT LISA.

    I still have dreams where I yell at her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. You wonder if people realize how much influence they have on young developing artists!

      Delete
  5. I love Elana Johnson's books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading the novel. And you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the giveaway! I can't wait to read this series!!

    ReplyDelete