Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Don't Get Mad

mood: vengeful
pandora/ipod: "these boots were made for walking" by nancy sinatra

I FINALLY GET TO ANNOUNCE 
THE NEW BOOK DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*clears throat*

Author of POSSESS, TEN and the upcoming 3:59, Gretchen McNeil's new Don't Get Mad series, GET EVEN and GET DIRTY, pitched as Revenge meets The Breakfast Club, about four girls who form a secret revenge society for bullied classmates which goes well until one of their targets turns up dead, in a two book deal, in a very nice deal, to Kristen Rens at Balzer + Bray, by Ginger Clark at Curtis Brown (NA).

GET EVEN and GET DIRTY (still tentative titles) are books 1 and 2 in the "Don't Get Mad" series, which follows the secretive exploits of four high school juniors - Kitty, Olivia, Margot and Bree - at an exclusive Catholic prep school.

To all outward appearances, the girls barely know each other.  At best, they don't move in the same social circles; at worst, they're overtly hostile.

Margot Mejia – academically ranked number two in her class, Margot is a focused overachiever bound for the Ivy League.

Kitty Li – captain of the California state and national champion varsity girls' volleyball team, she's been recruited by a dozen colleges and has dreams of winning an Olympic gold medal.

Olivia Hayes – popular star of the drama program, she's been voted "most eligible bachelorette" two years running in the high school yearbook and has an almost lethal combination of beauty and charm.

Bree Deringer – outcast, misfit and the kind of girl you don't want to meet in a dark alley, the stop sign red-haired punk is a constant thorn in the side of teachers and school administrators alike.

Different goals, different friends, different lives, but the girls share a secret no one would ever guess. They are members of Don't Get Mad, a society specializing in seeking revenge for fellow students who have been silently victimized by their peers. Each girl has her own reason for joining the group, her own set of demons to assuage by evening the score for someone else. And though school administration is desperate to find out who is behind the DGM "events", the girls have managed to keep their secret well hidden.

That is until one of their targets – a douchebag senior who took advantage of a drunk underclassman during a house party, videotaped it on his phone, and posted it on YouTube – turns up dead, and DGM is implicated in the murder.

Now the girls don't know who to trust, and as their tenuous alliance begins to crumble, the secrets they've hidden for so long might be their ultimate undoing.

Hee.

Look for GET EVEN and GET DIRTY in 2014 and 2015. Don't know about you, but I can't wait!

31 comments:

  1. I"m so happy for you, Gretchen! I know these books are going to be AMAZING!

    See you on Sept 23 for your TEN party at Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach!

    Many kisses,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy this sounds great..... i cannot wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYAYAYAY!! I am so excited for you!! These sound great!! I can't wait to read them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lord these sound good. Wow. Well done, Gretchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for two books! They sound fantastic.

    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROCK ON, my friend! This is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fan-frickin-tastic!!!! Congratulations! You are a machine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, I can't wait to read them! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS Gretchen on your book deal. GET EVEN and GET DIRTY sound like wonderful reads, but waiting until 2014 and 2015 to read them will be torture. So I better blog about your book deal to my reader's. I might as well be not the only one waiting for 2014 and 2015 too hurry up and get here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! This is excellent news and the books sound so freaking cool! I can't wait :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw this in PM! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so on this series!! Congratulations, I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo!! This is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super excited for these! I love boarding school stories. And the Breakfast Club! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read these! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! Sounds fabulous! Love me some revenge, hehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so awesome! Super excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The new books sound absolutely awesome! You have such great ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!!! I can't wait!!! I loved Possess and I just read Ten, and aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh it's sooooooooooo good <3

    ReplyDelete