pandora/ipod: "1999" by prince
As part of the blog tour for the release of THE WHITE ASSASSIN (Nightshade Chronicles, Book 2) by my dear friend Hilary Wagner, I'm giving away both books in the series: NIGHTSHADE CITY and THE WHITE ASSASSIN. Wanna win? Keep reading!So you may not know this about me, but I love middle grade books. Always have. And the more adventure-oriented, the better! Add some anthropomorphism in there and BOOM! Instant favorite.
From fables to Grimm to THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS and THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE, I've always loved books about talking animals. Movies, too. My favorite Disney cartoons as a kid were always more Robin Hood and The Rescuers than Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Even in high school, one of my favorite assigned reads was WATERSHIP DOWN, where Richard Addams creates such a vividly human world amongst rabbits.
The Nightshade Chronicles are a perfect addition to this legacy. Billycan is a sinister villain, Juniper, the perfect hero. Intrigue, action, plots and a further exploration of the underground catacombs and far-reaching environs of Nightshade City - Hilary's books create an amazingly rich world. I zipped through NIGHTSHADE CITY last year (like in a day - I couldn't put it down!!!) and will be zipping through THE WHITE ASSASSIN as soon as I can......and before I give away my copy!!!
Want to win? (Seriously, you do. Trust me). Here's how!
Just comment below naming your favorite animal story (book, movie, television). One entry per person. One winner announced Monday will get both books!
WOO HOO!
My favorite animal book is Wind in the Willows. It brings back such good memories. Thanks for the chance. My son wants these so bad.
ReplyDeletenatcleary(at)gmail(dot)com
My favorite animal story is Black Beauty.It was an enchanting read and I loved it <3
ReplyDeleteThank you for this giveaway.
Starlight023(at)hotmail(dot)com
you probably never heard of it, but my favorite book was Cross Country Cat when i was younger.
ReplyDeletedookiepookiebear @ yahoo .com
My favorite childhood animal book is Curious George. My dad always read the stories to me and called me his 'monkey' (because I liked to climb trees). ;)
ReplyDeletekarendlatham@yahoo.com
Ifrah - OMG I totally forgot about Black Beauty. Good one!
ReplyDeleteNiyrak, I love the Curious George books. I even put one in POSSESS.
ReplyDeleteBwwwaaahhh! Thank you, Gretchen! What an awesome giveaway!!! You rock! Two books is far better than one. And Nat, I'm there with you. The Wind In The Willows is my favorite of all time. Go Ratty! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo -- Hilary
Oh, and Gretchen, I LOVE your mood for today!
ReplyDeleteI loved "Ben and Me" by Robert Lawson...although it is such a favorite genre that it is hard to choose!
ReplyDeleteI loved, Hank the Cowdog series as a kid. But ultimately, Wind in the Willows takes the cake.
ReplyDeleteI love Charlotte's Web. I just re-read it and that book is a treasure!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte's Web. OF COURSE! Ooo, and Stuart Little! How could I forget those?
ReplyDeleteAnimal Farm by George Orwell. Made me detest pigs for a few months.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte's Web is one of my favorites. I also like the Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat books by Lynnn Jonell.
ReplyDeleteYay! I love these, and *hangs head in shame* I haven't read these yet.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite animal has always been Disney's Robin Hood. Can you have a crush on a fox? Because I sure did. Dashing, courteous, and an English accent to boot.
My favorite series doesn't feature animals as the main characters but more supporting. They're daemons from His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman. More specifically, The Golden Compass. Love them! I want one!!
ReplyDeleteVivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com
I hope this counts, but I love One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, haha. :) I just love the book to death and even though I'm 16, I still open it sometimes and it puts me in a great mood. It reminds me so much of when I was younger, and how my older brother and I would always read it in the waiting room whenever we went to the doctors office. That was one of the only books the office had, so we pretty much learned how to read from that book. :)
ReplyDelete-Angel
http://angel909reviews.com
909reviews@gmail.com
My favorite would have to be the Redwall series by Brian Jacques, his books are really what made me fall in love with reading to begin with. It's about warrior mouses and other furry creatures. Thanks so mych for the giveaway! :)
ReplyDeletetirachii(at)yahoo(dot)com
I have several animal books that I just love. I love The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials Trilogy). And I love Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy. I hope those count as animal books.
ReplyDeleteTheCarolOfStorey@Gmail.com
My favorite animal movie is Hachi.... it's amazing how deep the loyalty of the dog to its owner even after he died!You should watch it.
ReplyDeletenylesor85 at yahoo dot com
ok so I know I'm tardy to the party but I just wanted to say that I LOVE the Redwall books. I have all of them. I've been collecting them since I was 10 and I actually cried when I found out Brian Jacques passed away.
ReplyDeleteI also really loved this book called Time Cat by Lloyd Alexander. It's about a cat that can travel through time and he and his owner go on this adventure for some reason, I don't really remember. I was 7 when I read it.