pandora/ipod: "rollercoaster of love" by the red hot chili peppers
I've teased it.
I've promised it.
And now it's here.
Behold, the cover for my YA horror/paranormal debut POSSESS!
Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:
Fifteen-year-old Bridget Liu just wants to be left alone: by her overprotective mom, by the hunky son of the police officer who got her father killed, and by the eerie voices which she can suddenly and inexplicably hear. Turns out the voices are demons--the Biblical kind, not the Buffy kind--and Bridget possesses the rare ability to banish them.
San Francisco's senior exorcist and his newly assigned partner from the Vatican enlist Bridget's help with increasingly bizarre and dangerous cases of demonic possession. But when one of Bridget's oldest friends turns up dead in a ritualistic sacrifice that mirrors her father's murder, Bridget realizes she can't trust anyone. An interview with her father's murderer reveals a link between Bridget and the Emim: a race of part-demons intent on raising their forefathers to the earth in human form. Now Bridget must unlock the secret to the Emim's plan before someone else close to her winds up dead, or worse--the human vessel for a Demon King.
POSSESS debuts August 23, 2011. AAAAA!!!!!
I couldn't be more in love with my cover. It perfectly captures both how I pictured Bridget and the dark, creepy tone of the book. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing design team at Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins. Guys, I owe you one!Would love your feedback. Tell me what you think!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, in other, even more exciting news, fellow YARebeller Leah Clifford's debut A TOUCH MORTAL hits the shelves today. I read it a few months ago and freaking LOVED IT. But don't take my word for it - order it yourself RIGHT-FREAKING-NOW! :D

Cool cover. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI literally gasped from how beautiful the cover is! XD I love it! XD
ReplyDeleteOMG! Such a gorgeous cover! I love the colors, and the shadows of the tree branches on her face are so cool/creepy!
ReplyDeleteLOVE it, Gretchen! So creepily cool and enticing! Can't wait to put that beauty on my shelf! :D
ReplyDeleteHOW DID I MISS THIS BOOK??? Not only is it in my favourite genre, but it sounds utterly awesome.
ReplyDeleteAnd the cover? ZOMG! Trees and creepiness and darkness! Love!!!
SO. FREAKING. AWESOME! Seriously Gretchen, it looks incredible! It's creepy and dark yet tells a story all it's own! Can't wait to read Possess!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cover!! Cool and creepy. Love it.
ReplyDeleteUm, that is AMAZING. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat is one beautiful cover!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS! And lots of other adjectives.
ReplyDeleteWhat a striking cover! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you love this cover; so eerie and eye-catching! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat is a kick-ass cover! Wow. I'd have to pick that up if I saw it on the shelves. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Gretchen! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteGod this is so pretty!! I love it :D
ReplyDeleteOMG I love this wicked cover. I'm adding it to my YA debut challenge list as we speak and blogging about too. So glad to see a little horror breaking into the YA genre.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!
Jennifer @ Book Noise
Gorgeous!! Congratulations and good on your fab creative team! Can't WAIT to read it...
ReplyDelete*dances*
ReplyDeleteYou guys are KICK ASS AWESOME!!!!
I hopped over from Dragon Wrangler. Great job on getting published! Ever endeavor! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's an incredible cover, Gretchen - congratulations. The way the branches at first seem to be windblown hair, and then streams of blood, is really spooky and suggestive of the story. And the deep, cool blues are gorgeous. I'm so happy for you. I would *definitely* pick this up.
ReplyDeletethe cover is beautiful! I'm looking forward to your book and already added it to my tbr list. :D
ReplyDeleteLen @ Musings of a Reader Happy
Oh! That is sooooo Wowed Out Loud! Very cool
ReplyDeleteYour cover is SO gorgeous, Gretchen!
ReplyDeleteIt is a cover fit for a rockstar! :p
ReplyDeleteSO BEAUTIFUL!!! ACK! I can't WAIT to share it -- YAAAAY!
ReplyDeleteAmazing cover Gretchen!!! Makes me want to run out and buy the book!!!
ReplyDeleteOoooooh. Pretttty. Both me and my bookshelf are looking forward to it!!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS! :)
ReplyDeletelove it! congrats!
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely stunning. WOW.
ReplyDeleteYAYYYYYY!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It's gorgeous! (And spooky.)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Gretchen. VERY exciting!
ReplyDeleteWow Gretchen! It looks so great, spooky, mysterious...awesome!
ReplyDeleteJust came over from Elana Johnson's blog. She was right - it's an amazing cover.
ReplyDeletegorgeous! love the creepiness!!! man! i need to scrape up some cash and order this!
ReplyDelete*squeeee!* It's gorgeous! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteGretchen!!!!!!! It is STUNNING!
ReplyDeleteWow really beautiful and kinda creepy, I love it!!
ReplyDeleteThat cover is haunting! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo! Scary, haunting, creepy, hopeful....it haz it all! You go girl!!! So excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see this ARC arrive in my mailbox....BWHAHA, had to throw that out there!
It's gorgeous, Gretchen!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! Congrats, Gretchen! :)
ReplyDeleteSo haunting! Yaaaaay!
ReplyDeleteDude, it is GORGEOUS!! Congrats, Gretchen! August cannot come fast enough.
ReplyDeleteAMAZING!!!!! The perfect mix of creepy and cool. Can't wait to read this. BTW-Monica BM can't stop talking about it!!!!! :o)
ReplyDeleteThat is a GORGEOUS cover!!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty and mysterious!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your character almost shares my name *o*
Somehow, people always end up spelling my name like Bridget. ;)
xoxo
brimagination.blogspot.com
Gretchen, that cover is ALL KINDS of awesome!! I love it! :-)
ReplyDeleteCaptivating. Wow. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHaunting trailer -- wow!
ReplyDeleteOMG that's GORGEOUS!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love it. Congrats!!! I'm sure you're still in the clouds and rightly so.
ReplyDeleteThis is one spooky cover. Sounds like it really matches the book. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteLovely, spooky cover! I love it!
ReplyDeleteAmazing cover! Eerie and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI think this cover looks great! Congratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and haunting! I love it!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing, and the book sounds fantastic as well!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't be more beautiful! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I got ahead of myself and waxed poetic about your cover on Jill's blog. I just love the color palette; the blues and blacks and shades of darkness are wonderfully atmospheric.
ReplyDeleteIn a word: gorgeous.
Amazing cover!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Gretchen!
Love it! Especially the veininess of the trees.
ReplyDeleteFANTASTIC COVER!!!! I want this book! The cover alone speaks volumes.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to get my hands on it!
Kristi
The Book Faery
Wow! Chilling!
ReplyDeleteI love this cover. Congrats. Nice to have a release date, too.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Can't wait to read it:)
ReplyDeleteStunning!
ReplyDeletewow that cover is amazing...I know what cover i'll be blogging about this week
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read the book!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally overwhelmed by the amazing reaction my cover is getting. I owe the design team a round of cocktails!
ReplyDeletePure awesomeness! Also I cannot wait to read this--there aren't many stories out there now about the Biblical kind of demons. Super excited to read this :)
ReplyDeleteLove your cover. Beautifully dark and mysterious. Can't wait to read it.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm your 300th follower, do I get a prize??
ReplyDeleteJust kidding. I loved your post on Elana's blog. Can't wait to get a copy of your book. :)