Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blog Tag

I've been tagged! Shit, shit, shit. The love I feel from Sarah mixed with the anxiety of chain letters, deeply rooted from the second grade when a mother returned a chain mail letter from me because she "didn't want her daughter involved in anything illegal."

Yeah, I know.

Okay, but I'm an adult now. I can deal with the childhood scars. Six things that make me happy? That's another thing all together.

1. My espresso machine. I can't imagine facing the day without the sound of boiling water being forced through a thumble of tightly packed grounds. It guarantees I will always start my day in a good mood. Whether I stay that way, well, we can't blame the machine!

2. When my jeans still fit. Nothing smacks you upside the head with your fat-assy-ness than pulling a favorite pair of denim out of the drawer only to discover that the curves they once so gracefully enveloped now spill over the waistband like overstuffed sausage bits. Sexy.

3. The sleeping puppy. See photo. Nuff said.

4. Sunday mornings. Especially during football season. I don't have to get up, I don't have to go anywhere, I don't have any commitments. I can lay in bed and slug out to some mindless head-butting. Literally. And thank you Velvet Underground for giving me a soundtrack for my Sunday mornings as well.

5. Friends + wine. Reminiscing, laughing, creating new memories. It's a tremendous feeling to be loved by great people.

6. My mom. She's the best. Ever. I couldn't begin to describe her so I won't bother. But you gotta know – the best!

Hm. My life is hella boring, is it not? Still, I'll try to swallow the sensation that I'm engaging in an illicit activity and tag -

The rules are as follows: link to the person who gave you the award; write down six things that make you happy; post the rules; tag six others and let them know you’ve done it; tell the person who tagged you when your entry is up.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm with you on the jeans thing.

    I posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Velvet Underground truly provide the best Sunday morning soundtrack. I think I may go and listen to it now even though it's Saturday afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it! http://chandlermariecraig.wordpress.com/2009/01/11/tag-im-it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll let you know when i get to it, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I finally did my duty. But it took me so long almost everybody I know has already been tagged. Ah well.
    http://bryngreenwood.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/happiness-by-the-numbers/

    ReplyDelete